Here’s a thing – stomach foregut ulcers are there because the gut environment has been already altered, usually due to either some form of stress, inappropriate feed, or stress caused by inappropriate feed.
These factors are the cause of why our horses – and us humans – get ulcers. Stress and/or the wrong food/food management (leaving the horse without forage for 4-hours or more) destroy the gut environment, literally, which means that without a strong, healthy protective mucosal gut lining, the mucosal lining in the stomach degrades, so acid splash makes it hurt like crazy and creates a wound, aka an ulcer, and it hurts like heck because that acid's almighty strong hydrochloric acid, same as a car battery.
See our Gut System/Ulcers page for more info.
A palatable blend of herbs that line the gastrointestinal tract with a protective mucilaginous gel, to support the eradication of the ulcerogenic state.
UlsaTonic comes in powder form for ease of digestion and swift efficacy.
- gastrointestinal health and digestion
- gastric acidity
- protective mucilaginous support
- natural nutritive vitamin, mineral and antioxidant levels
- recommended as a minimum 4-week course, but may need a further month
Dried Herbs, Roots & Barks: Matricaria recutita (Chamomile), Symphytum officinale (Comfrey), Trigonella foenum-graecum (Fenugreek), Althea officinalis (Marshmallow), Olea europaea (Olive Leaf), Mentha piperita (Peppermint), Unicaria tomentosa (Cat's Claw) & Ulmus rubra (Slippery Elm)
- 10g/100kg bodyweight (50g for a 500kg horse) for 5-days, then 5g/100kg bodyweight per day. Can be safely fed indefinitely.
- Feed a quality probiotic alongside this blend - see our Yea-Sacc
- Feed our GutAminos alongside this blend to help repair the gut wall membrane.
- Please note that species-appropriate feeding, i.e. hay only, is essential for healthy digestion.
- Supplements of any kind should be fed with caution to the pregnant mare so always seek veterinary advice.
- This is a nutritional product and is not intended as a substitute for veterinary advice.
- Contains no banned substances so safe for competition.
- 5% discount on 2kg volume.
- 10% discount on 3kg volume.
- 7.7.21 - Just thought I’d give you an update. Kero's just finishing up his UlsaTonic and StressTonic. I noticed a difference by the first week. He went from being nervous/tense girthing up and not being able to keep his feet still to back to his usual calm self tacking up and being super to ride! Still amazes me everytime.
- 7.6.21 - Hi Carol, I rode Tobi for the first time in six weeks yesterday in a lesson with Charlotte. My heart sang! It was so wonderful to see her happy and relaxed again. I’m so impressed with your advice and products. I’m actually afraid to change anything now! She’s just so happy. Melody & Tobi
- 14.4.21 - Hi, Carol, I’d like to say how much of a change I’ve seen in Cara since she’s been on UlsaTonic. She’s gone from a raging monster to a sweet natured gentle mare and doesn’t show any sign of being in pain now. She's completely transformed in terms of her attitude and behaviour, no more of the aggressive behaviour and is now happy to enjoy a bit of attention and the odd cuddle.Carolyn
- Hi Carol, I've started Tim on the UlsaTonic, he's cleaning his bowl, absolutely loves it & it smells lovely. He's now chilled out, he's no longer trying to kill me thankfully. I'm keeping him on DuoBute he's definitely happier on it . Vet now convinced he looks too well to have ulcers so doesn't want to scope! Sandra & Tim