Our easily absorbed SwItchGel provides a skin-nourishing therapy for itchy, irritated skin due to allergies such as sweet itch, insect bites, hives etc.
With macerated oils known for their anti-itch and wound-healing properties, we blend into our organic whole leaf Aloe Vera gel, produced from 100% human-grade Organically certified Aloe, capturing the maximum natural activity of the Aloe Bardadensis plant, fortified with softening, hydrating vitamin and mineral-rich sea kelp.
NB - I've always got a pot of this on the go from Spring thru to Autumn for our MacAttack, who's a chronic sweet itch boy.
- Aloe barbadensis (organic whole leaf Aloe Vera), cold-pressed, aqua.
Main constituents of Aloe Vera : 96% water, lignin, saponins, anthraquines, carbohydrate glucomannans (of particular importance is acemannan), tannins, steroids, enzymes, growth hormones, aloin, glucommannans, salicylic acid, and fatty acids. Aloe Vera also contains twenty amino acids (including all eight essential amino acids), at least nine minerals i.e. calcium, sodium, iron, potassium, zinc, chromium, magnesium, manganese and copper, and a number of vitamins, including B1, B2, B3, B6, B12, A, C, E, folic acid, and choline.
- Vitamin E Natural (100%), antioxididant (preservative), comprising of alpha, beta, gamma and delta tocopherols sourced from organic cereal germ. Combined with organic Sunflower Seed Oil to make it pourable. It is completely non GMO.
Composition: Tocopherol 50-75%, Helianthus Annuus Seed Oil 25-50% (organic).
- Stellaria media (Chickweed) macerated oil- A renowned vulnerary (wound healer) and antipruritic (anti-itch), chickweed does its best work externally - there are few skin conditions chickweed cannot help, with a cooling and drying effect on wounds and skin eruptions.
- Calendula officinalis (Marigold) macerated oil - A renowned skin healer, well known for its rejuvenating properties as well as astringent, antiseptic and antiviral, with tissue regenerating properties.
- Cinnamomum camphora (Camphor) essential oil - With its well-known piquant menthol aroma, Camphor is a major soothing and cooling skin ally as it allays pain, inflammation and itching by numbing the sensory nerve endings in the skin. And for the EO nerds out there, the Camphor tree must be at least 50 years old before it is harvested.
* Certified 100% Organic; SLS and Parabens free
- Shake well before use - this will help emulsify the gel further.
- Clean the area as well as possible then apply a gloop, rubbing in gently until absorbed.
- For external use only.
- Therapies of any kind should be applied with caution to the pregnant mare so always seek veterinary advice.
- Fine to use on the face but avoid mucous membrane areas, i.e. eyes, mouth, nostrils.