Our easily absorbed SwItchGel provides a skin-nourishing therapy for itchy, irritated skin due to allergies such as sweet itch, insect bites, hives etc - I've always got a pot of this on the go for our MacAttack, who's a chronic sweet itch boy.
As with our DermaClearGel for the relief of mud fever/rain scald, here we use our organic aloe gel fortified with softening, hydrating vitamin and mineral-rich sea kelp.
With macerated oils known for their anti-itch and wound-healing properties, it also includes natural organic Vitamn E oil for it's superior antioxidant effect, all blended into our organic whole leaf Aloe Vera gel, produced from 100% human-grade Organically certified Aloe, capturing the maximum natural activity of the Aloe Bardadensis plant.
- Aloe barbadensis (organic whole leaf Aloe Vera), cold-pressed, aqua.
Main constituents of Aloe Vera : 96% water, lignin, saponins, anthraquines, carbohydrate glucomannans (of particular importance is acemannan), tannins, steroids, enzymes, growth hormones, aloin, glucommannans, salicylic acid, and fatty acids. Aloe Vera also contains twenty amino acids (including all eight essential amino acids), at least nine minerals i.e. calcium, sodium, iron, potassium, zinc, chromium, magnesium, manganese and copper, and a number of vitamins, including B1, B2, B3, B6, B12, A, C, E, folic acid, and choline.
- Stellaria media (Chickweed) macerated oil- A renowned vulnerary (wound healer) and antipruritic (anti-itch), chickweed does its best work externally - there are few skin conditions chickweed cannot help, with a cooling and drying effect on wounds and skin eruptions.
- Hamamelis virginiana (Witch hazel) - A superior natural astringent, cooling and soothing, considered by many as a 'cure all' for everything from burns to bites to bruises.
- Calendula officinalis (Marigold) macerated oil - A renowned skin healer, well known for its rejuvenating properties as well as astringent, antiseptic and antiviral, with tissue regenerating properties.
- French Lavender & Peppermint EO
Certified 100% Organic; SLS and Parabens free
- Shake well before use - this will help emulsify the gel further.
- Clean the area as well as possible then apply a gloop, rubbing in until absorbed.
- For external use only.
- Therapies of any kind should be applied with caution to the pregnant mare so always seek veterinary advice.
- Fine to use on the face but avoid mucous membrane areas, i.e. eyes, mouth, nostrils.