SIBO-CARE *(Small Intestinal Bacterial Overload)
Vets are commonly prescribing antibiotics for Leaky Gut Syndrome, referring to it as a 'stomach infection'.
As we know, antibiotics not only have a mere 5% chance of working, they also annihilate the microbiome's beneficial biota in the small intestine; it's these beneficial microbes which create the immune cells.
SIBO (Small Intestinal Bacterial Overload) is when pro-inflammatory, unfriendly gut bacteria take hold, including the now known Archaea strand, and they're now showing resistance to the majority of antibiotics that are commonly used against bacteria.
Hence. the antibiotics that many practitioners typically prescribe for gut bacterial infections are not only ineffective, but risk causing further long-term health damage. Human health studies now show the microbiome as a whole rarely recovers from an 'antibiotic' assault.
A botanical approach is less aggressive and has also been shown to be at least as effective as pharmaceutical antibiotics in clinical trials for SIBO treatment.
See our Gut System page for more info.
When the microbiome integrity is disrupted, this renders the immune response dysfunctional, so it's imperative we clear out the bad bacteria to rebalance the gut microflora and the immune system, with powerful antioxidant support.
SIBO-CARE comes in powder form for ease of digestion and swift efficacy.
- gut and gastrointestinal health and digestion
- pathogen gut microbe inhibition
- leaky gut
- immune function
- recommended as a 4-week course
Dried Herbs, Roots & Barks: Astragalus membranaceus, Berberis vulgaris (Barberry), Uncaria tomentosa (Cat's Claw), Eleutherococcus senticosus (Siberian Ginseng), Origanum vulgare (Oregano), Tabebuia impeteginosa (Pau D'Arco), Plantago ovata (Psyllium), Smilax ornata (Sarsaparilla) & Spirulina
- 10g/100kg bodyweight (50g for a 500kg horse) for 5-days, then 5g/100kg bodyweight per day.
- Feed stemmy hay 24/7 to feed cellulose fibre to help restore the hindgut microbiome.
- Feed our GutAminos alongside this blend. While the SIBO-CARE is clearing out the pathogen toxins, the GutAminos support the reconnection of the damaged gut lining.
- Garlic may be beneficial for its renowned antibacterial, antifungal, antiviral, antioxidant, and immune system stimulant properties.
- SIBO/leaky gut hurts - you would have likely seen gut flinching, biting, head swinging back to the gut, maybe even cow-kicking. In extreme cases, alleviate with our TriBute alongside our SIBO-CARE for 7-days; then continue with our DuoBute.
- Supplements of any kind should be fed with caution to the pregnant mare so always seek veterinary advice.
- This is a nutritional product and is not intended as a substitute for veterinary advice.
- Contains no banned substances so safe for competition.
- 5% discount on 2kg volume.
- 10% discount on 3kg volume.