SIBO-CARE *Hindgut Acidosis/Dysbiosis/Leaky Gut
When the gut microbiome integrity is disrupted, this renders the immune response dysfunctional, so it's imperative to regenerate the friendly gut biome colonies and clear out the bad bacteria, in order to rebalance the gut microbiome and the immune system.
Vets are commonly prescribing antibiotics for Leaky Gut Syndrome, referring to it as a 'stomach infection'.
As we know, antibiotics not only have a mere 5% chance of working, they also annihilate the microbiome's beneficial biota in the intestines; it's these beneficial microbes which create the immune cells.
Leaky Gut is caused by dysbiosis in the microbiome - SIBO (Small Intestinal Bacterial Overload). This means the pro-inflammatory unfriendly gut bacteria have taken hold, including the now recognised Archaea strand, which are also now showing resistance to the majority of antibiotics that are commonly used against bacteria.
Hence. the antibiotics that many practitioners typically prescribe for gut bacterial infections are not only ineffective, but risk causing further long-term health damage. Human health studies now show the microbiome as a whole rarely recovers from an 'antibiotic' assault.
A botanical approach is less aggressive and has also been shown to be at least as effective as pharmaceutical antibiotics in clinical trials for SIBO treatment.
Furthermore, this could also have a profound knock-on effect on liver/kidney function, specifically a dysfunction in the detoxification because when there’s leaky gut, there’s an overload of toxins for the liver to metabolise (correct name biotransform).
Thing is, the kidneys are very much involved as well because the liver shunts all the transformed toxins to the kidneys for excretion, but if there’s a toxicity overload the kidneys become overwhelmed as well, so can’t shift all the toxins quickly enough out through the urine. Which means the toxins get flushed back round the body.
At the very root of the problem lies a tiny, yet critical, micronutrient - vitamin B6 - because the hindgut produces B6 in its activated form – scientific name P5P (Pyridoxal-5-Phosphate). When the hindgut microbiome is disrupted, the activated B6 ‘P5P’ production becomes deficient, and here’s where it all goes badly wrong because … the liver needs this activated form of B6 - P5P – to break down – metabolise – those toxins. So if the liver and kidneys can’t do their job so the whole natural detoxification process gets messed up.
See our Gut System page for more info.
SIBO-CARE comes in powder form for ease of digestion and swift efficacy.
- gut and gastrointestinal health and digestion
- pathogen gut microbe inhibition
- leaky gut
- immune function
- gas reduction
- acidity/pH levels
- recommended as a 4-week (1kg) course
Dried Herbs, Roots & Barks: Andrographis paniculata, Astragalus membranaceus, Berberis vulgaris (Barberry), Uncaria tomentosa (Cat's Claw), Symphytum (Comfrey), Eleutherococcus senticosus (Siberian Ginseng), Origanum vulgare (Oregano), Tabebuia impeteginosa (Pau D'Arco/Lapacho), Plantago ovata (Psyllium) & Smilax ornata (Sarsaparilla)
- 10g/100kg bodyweight (50g for a 500kg horse) for 5-days, then 5g/100kg bodyweight per day.
- Stemmy hay, fed 24/7, is going to be your saviour here to help restore the beneficial hindgut microbiome.
- Spirulina is an excellent gut-mycotoxin binder and deacidifier; it's recommended to feed a tablespoon/day for 2-weeks to help deacidify the hindgut, especially useful if you've been feeding haylage. Alternatively see our EquiVitaA/VitaCompleteA range.
- Feed our P5P activated form of B6 while the hindgut function is regenerating, in order to maintain the liver's toxin biotransformation/metabolising function.
- Feed our GutAminos alongside this blend. While the SIBO-CARE is clearing out the pathogen toxins, the GutAminos support the reconnection of the damaged gut lining.
- SIBO/leaky gut hurts - you would have likely seen gut flinching, biting, head swinging back to the gut, maybe even cow-kicking. Alleviate with our our DuoBute alongside our SIBO-CARE.
- Supplements of any kind should be fed with caution to the pregnant mare so always seek veterinary advice.
- This is a nutritional product and is not intended as a substitute for veterinary advice.
- Contains no banned substances so safe for competition.
- 5% discount on 2kg volume.
- 10% discount on 3kg volume.
- 12.1.21 Hi Carol, Bally has responded well to the SIBO and his poo is now normal in consistency and smell. Many thanks, Sharon