OptimaCARE *Our 3-stage Full-Body Detox
OptimaCARE is an organic, 3-stage full-body detox programme, fed over 30 days to support the equine body from toxic chemicals, heavy metals, pesticides, herbicides, toxic moulds etc.
Stage 1 starts by cleaning the GI tract of toxins and purging overburden in the large intestine. Fed over 10-days, this is then followed with Stage 2 for the next 10-days, which detoxes and reinvigorates the liver and kidneys. Stage 3 completes the process with a 10-day clean-up of the lymphatic and blood system. Each stage is wrapped separately for ease of use.
The synergistic combination of each stage of our OptimaCARE formula can help bring a healthy balance back into the entire equine digestive system, filtration organs and eliminatory systems, and circulatory systems. Once the course is finished, allow a week off so the system can realign, strengthen and function by itself; this will also gives you the chance to assess how your horse is.
OptimaCARE comes in powder form for ease of digestion and swift efficacy.
- detoxification and elimination systems
- immune system
- gut and gastrointestinal health
- kidney and liver health
- circulatory systems
- detoxing and toning
- naturally occurring nutritive vitamin, mineral and antioxidant levels
- OptimaCARE (1) - GUT - Astragalus, Fennel, Ginger, Green Tea, Liquorice, Marshmallow, Mint & Psyllium
- OptimaCARE (2) - LIVER&KIDNEYS - Astragalus, Beetroot, Burdock, Celery Seed, Dandelion, Echinacea, Milk Thistle, Nettle, Parsley & Rosehips
- OptimaCARE (3) - CIRCULATORY - BLOOD&LYMPHATICS - Astragalus, Burdock, Calendula, Cleavers, Echinacea, Milk Thistle, Nettle, Parsley & Rosehips
- Feed each stage in sequence, at a rate of 33g (horse) or 17g (pony), daily for 10-days, with a day off between each stage, until all three stages are finished.
- Feed 1kg OptimaCARE/horse.
- Recommended Feed 10g daily Yea-Sacc probiotic to support repopulation and colonisation of the gut microbiome.
- Not recommended for the pregnant or nursing mare.
- All ingredients Soil Association Certified Organic.
- Contains no banned substances so safe for competition.
- 5% discount on 2kg volume.
- 10% discount on 3kg volume.
The Herxheimer Reaction - aka "Feeling worse before feeling better".
You may see a rare, but short-term (as in a few days) re-toxification reaction occur in the body.
As the body detoxifies, it is not uncommon to experience ill-at-ease symptoms, anything from joint/ muscle pain, itching/scratching, sweating and gut imbalances. In humans, chronic headaches are a common sign.
This is a perfectly normal - and even healthy - reaction that indicates that the parasites, fungals, viruses, pathogenic bacteria and other impurities are being effectively killed off. Although it may appear that the detox isn’t working, a noticeable Herxheimer Reaction is a sign that cleansing is taking place.
Simply put, it’s a bit of an overload reaction - it’s basically an immune system reaction to the toxins (endotoxins) that are released from the cell walls of dying bacteria when large amounts of pathogens are being killed off, and the body isn't able to eliminate the toxins quickly enough. The important thing to note is that worsening symptoms do not indicate failure of the treatment in question; just the opposite.
I’ve only had one client who reported concernable agitated behaviour from her usually very calm, sweet, elderly chap who turned into a fire-breathing dragon and started beating up his much loved field buddy. He was half way through Stage 2 (liver/kidneys) and no doubt experiencing a bad headache and/or body aches, but understandably his owner decided to pull the plug as she was really worried at the 360-degree character change, plus any potential injury risk. Other than this one instance, I’ve not had any client report any noticeable side effects at all, only very beneficial improvement.
Naturally, if your horse experiences a touch of Herxheimer's and you need some moral support, send me an email at email@example.com
- 22.1.18 – Keratoma client (OptimaCARE & DuoBute)
Hello again, The detox herbs have worked really well and Zeus has loved them, thanks. He still has some left but will probably have to be in for at least another 2 weeks so that his hoof can continue to keratinise. He definitely prefers his feeds with the herbs in and actually started to pick at the droppings again on the day between different phases. Thank you so much for all your help. The Duobute has also been great. I was able to take him off normal Bute a few days after he started on it. The vet is amazed at his progress which is wonderful. Best wishes, Shara
Hi Carol, Just thought I would give you an update on Harry since we have finished the OptimaCARE detox blend! As you can see he is feeling much happier in just 6-wks!! We are out hacking again (in front boots) and he is on 2-week hoof tidy then 2 weeks for a proper rehab trim. He is on the sand school 99% of the time but can now have access to the stone track with hedgerow and nibbly bits to give him variety. He also has his friends with him during the day, and he's even lost weight despite being on adlib hay/straw. Lou and Harry