MallOil - for the Mallenders/Sallenders horse
The Mallenders/Sallenders horse overproduces keratin, with Mallenders as thickened crusts, cracks and scabs behind the knees, and Sallenders on the hock fronts.
It particularly affects cobs/heavy breeds and those with feathers, as well as being frustratingly difficult to manage for the owner. However, it's been found that biotin in the diet exacerbates the production of keratin; hence we have our EquiVitaM range which excludes both biotin and brewers yeast.
Our MallOil is an effective and completely natural topical oil to lessen keratin eruptions on the Mallenders/Sallenders horse, using Comfrey macerated oil as a natural keratin suppressant.
- Coconut Fractionated Fixed Oil, Comfrey Macerated Oil, Calendula Macerated Oil, Vitamin E Oil (100% Natural)
- Certified 100% Organic; SLS and Parabens free
- Shake well before use - this will help emulsify the oil further.
- Gently massage into the affected mallanders scab area until absorbed, up to 3 times/day.
- For external use only.
- Important - Do not use on open scabs or broken skin; comfrey is very effective so we need to avoid the risk of burying any infection deeper into the open wound.
- Do not apply to very sensitive skin or facial area, especially mucous membranes.
- Therapies of any kind should be applied with caution to the pregnant mare so always seek veterinary advice.