M&SGel - for the Mallenders/Sallenders horse - 250ml
Our easily absorbed M&SGel compliments our EquiVitaM&S mineral balancer range, as an effective and completely natural topical Aloe gel to lessen keratin eruptions on the Mallenders/Sallenders horse
The Mallenders/Sallenders horse overproduces keratin, with Mallenders as thickened crusts, cracks and scabs behind the knees, and Sallenders on the hock fronts.
It particularly affects cobs/heavy breeds and those with feathers, as well as being frustratingly difficult to manage for the owner. Science data shows that biotin (vit.B7) in the diet exacerbates the production of keratin; hence our EquiVitaM&S mineral-balancer range excludes biotin.
Utilising Comfrey macerated oil as a natural keratin suppressant, alongside anti-itch Stellaria and wound-healing Calendula, we blend these into our human-grade organically certified Aloe, capturing the maximum natural activity of the Aloe Bardadensis plant, and fortified with softening, hydrating, vitamin and mineral-rich sea kelp.
- Aloe barbadensis (organic whole leaf Aloe Vera), cold-pressed, aqua.
Main constituents of Aloe Vera : 96% water, lignin, saponins, anthraquines, carbohydrate glucomannans (of particular importance is acemannan), tannins, steroids, enzymes, growth hormones, aloin, glucommannans, salicylic acid, and fatty acids. Aloe Vera also contains twenty amino acids (including all eight essential amino acids), at least nine minerals i.e. calcium, sodium, iron, potassium, zinc, chromium, magnesium, manganese and copper, and a number of vitamins, including B1, B2, B3, B6, B12, A, C, E, folic acid, and choline.
- Vitamin E Natural (100%), antioxididant (preservative), comprising of alpha, beta, gamma and delta tocopherols sourced from cereal germ. Combined with organic Sunflower Seed Oil to make it pourable. It is completely non GMO. Composition:Tocopherol, Helianthus Annuus Seed Oil (organic). Tocopherol 50-75%, Helianthus Annuus Seed Oil 25–50%
- Stellaria media (Chickweed) macerated oil - A renowned vulnerary (wound healer) and antipruritic (anti-itch), chickweed does its best work externally - there are few skin conditions chickweed cannot help, with a cooling and drying effect on wounds and skin eruptions.
- Symphytum officinale (Comfrey) infused oil - Comfrey contains the famous allantoin, which aids the regeneration of all tissues in the body by encouraging fibroblasts to produce connective tissue, cartilage, bone and even neural cells. Comfrey also contains other constituents that improve its healing effect including mucilages, gums and resin which help soothe inflamed skin tissue and aid in tissue repair.
- Calendula officinalis (Marigold) macerated oil - A renowned skin healer, well known for its rejuvenating properties as well as astringent, antiseptic and antiviral, with tissue regenerating properties.
- Cinnamomum camphora (Camphor) essential oil - With its well-known piquant menthol aroma, Camphor is a major soothing and cooling skin ally as it allays pain, inflammation and itching by numbing the sensory nerve endings in the skin. And for the EO nerds out there, the Camphor tree must be at least 50 years old before it is harvested.
* Certified 100% Organic; SLS and Parabens free
- Shake well before use - this will help emulsify the gel further.
- Gently massage into the affected mallanders scab area until absorbed, up to 3 times/day.
- For external use only.
- Important - Do not use on open scabs or broken skin; comfrey is very effective so we need to avoid the risk of burying any infection deeper into the open wound.
- Do not apply to very sensitive skin or facial area, especially mucous membranes.
- Therapies of any kind should be applied with caution to the pregnant mare so always seek veterinary advice.