Coughing is a perfectly normal, healthy reflex the body uses to clear airways of irritations, i.e. bacterial/viral microorganisms, via mucous, the lungs' natural secretion – sadly, not a lot we can do to prevent these organisms getting in there, but we need them shifted out before they start replicating and turning into an infection.
It’s that coughing reflex which agitates the mucous out of the lungs, hence it's never a good idea to try and suppress a cough; what we should be doing is making that expectoration - the capacity to bring mucous up – as effective as it can be as it's an important part of the process.
Our KoffTonic is a blend of natural expectorants alongside antibacterial, antiviral and anti-inflammatory herbs, with generous mucilage support to soothe the upper respiratory tract.
- respiratory system
- antitussive support
- airway comfort
- natural nutritive vitamin, mineral and antioxidant levels
Dried Herbs, Roots & Barks: Pimpinella anisum (Aniseed), Tussilago farfara (Coltsfoot), Taraxicum officinale (Dandelion),, Inula helenium (Elecampane), Foeniculum vulgare (Fennel), Glycyrrhiza glabra (Liquorice), Althea officinalis (Marshmallow), Verbascum thapsus (Mullein), Plantago major (Plantain) & Rosa canina (Rosehips).
- Composition produced to ecological standards and free from agro-chemicals. See our Quality page for Organic Certification Documents.
- * Grown especially for us organically and biodynamically by Organic Herb Trading Co.- https://www.biodynamics.com/what-is-biodynamics
- Guaranteed no fillers and non-GMO.
- 5g/100kg bodyweight per day, thus for an average 500kg horse add 25g daily to feed.
- Supplements of any kind should be fed with caution to the pregnant or nursing mare so always seek veterinary advice.
- This is a nutritional product and is not intended as a substitute for veterinary advice.
- Contains no banned substances so safe for competition.
- 5% discount on 2kg volume.
- 10% discount on 3kg volume.