JSTGel *Joint&Soft Tissue - 250ml
For powerful help for kicks/bones/tendon/ligament injuries or similar, look no further than the combined forces of Comfrey and Arnica infused oils.
This is the gel I originally put together for our TB, Queen Carmen, when she tore her RF DDFT early summer 2017. I kept her turned out to prevent both her leg and circulatory systems seizing up in a stable, and slathered this on her for around 3-ish weeks, alongside our TriBute pain herbs. Within 2-weeks she was shuffling in pretty decent straight lines, and by week 6 she was off everything and mooching around quite comfortably in her field.
I also speak from personal experience. Late that same year I fractured my coccyx (not horse related!) then in 2018 I broke two ribs when I was accidentally double-barrelled by Carmen - wrong place, wrong time, and lesson very much learned as it was excruciating.
As if that wasn't enough - well, they say things come in three's - 2019 I double-fractured my left ankle joint and dislocated my foot. Wowzer, that was an injury and a half - hospital for 5-days, ORIF surgery with lots of metal and a wheelchair. A year on I was still in a compression sock.
My recovery from all three accidents was astonishingly quick. I slapped on the gel liberally and the cooling relief was instant, the injurious site more supple, and while I can't prove that the gel was the reason for my swift recoveries, the ortho's were fairly impressed.
With the ribs I was off all pain relief after 3-days and back to mucking out within a week, albeit a bit gingerly but I was on it. With the ankle I was driving again and hobbling back at the yard within 12-weeks.
You just can't beat Comfrey and Arnica macerated oils, with cooling Camphor essential oil. Blended into our 100% human-grade, organically certified, whole leaf Aloe Vera gel. you also capture the maximum natural activity of the Aloe Bardadensis plant, and also fortified with softening, hydrating vitamin and mineral-rich sea kelp.
Certified 100% Organic; SLS and Parabens free
- Aloe barbadensis (organic whole leaf Aloe Vera), cold-pressed, aqua.
Main constituents of Aloe Vera : 96% water, lignin, saponins, anthraquines, carbohydrate glucomannans (of particular importance is acemannan), tannins, steroids, enzymes, growth hormones, aloin, glucommannans, salicylic acid, and fatty acids. Aloe Vera also contains twenty amino acids (including all eight essential amino acids), at least nine minerals i.e. calcium, sodium, iron, potassium, zinc, chromium, magnesium, manganese and copper, and a number of vitamins, including B1, B2, B3, B6, B12, A, C, E, folic acid, and choline.
- Vitamin E Natural (100%), antioxididant (preservative), comprising of alpha, beta, gamma and delta tocopherols sourced from organic cereal germ. Combined with organic Sunflower Seed Oil to make it pourable. It is completely non GMO.
Composition: Tocopherol 50-75%, Helianthus Annuus Seed Oil 25-50% (organic).
- Arnica montana, Helianthus annuu, organic Arnica Oil - Organic UK-grown Arnica flowers steeped (macerated) in organic Sunflower Oil (origin Holland). Macerated in the UK. Arnica is the oil of choice for bruising, and one of the best known herbal sports oils, highly beneficial for bruises, muscles and tendons/ligaments.
- Cinnamomum camphora (Camphor) essential oil - With its well-known piquant menthol aroma, Camphor is a major soothing and cooling skin ally as it allays pain, inflammation and itching by numbing the sensory nerve endings in the skin. And for the EO nerds out there, the Camphor tree must be at least 50 years old before it is harvested.
- Symphytum officinale (Comfrey) infused oil - Comfrey contains the famous allantoin, which aids the regeneration of all tissues in the body by encouraging fibroblasts to produce connective tissue, cartilage, bone and even neural cells. Comfrey also contains other constituents that improve its healing effect including mucilages, gums and resin which help soothe inflamed skin tissue and aid in tissue repair.
- Shake well before use - this will help emulsify the gel further.
- Gently massage 30-50ml into the affected area until absorbed, up to 3 times/day.
- For external use only.
- Therapies of any kind should be applied with caution to the pregnant mare so always seek veterinary advice.
- Do not use on open wounds, broken skin, very sensitive skin or facial area, especially mucous membranes.
* Please note our Topical Therapies are Subject to VAT at standard rate
22.3.21 - Hi Carol, I just wanted to let you know how wonderful your gel is. Julie Clark at Westerlands Stud gave me your website information and your equine gel has transformed my once broken achy arthritic ankle! I have passed your details on to my mum for her ankles and wrists. Many thanks again, Olivia