JSTGel (Joint & Soft Tissue)
For powerful help for kicks/bones/tendon/ligament injuries or similar, look no further than the combined forces of Comfrey and Arnica infused oils.
This is the gel I originally put together for our TB, Queen Carmen, when she tore her RF DDFT early summer 2017. I kept her turned out to prevent both her leg and circulatory systems seizing up in a stable, and slathered this on her for around 3-ish weeks, alongside our TriBute pain herbs. Within 2-weeks she was shuffling in pretty decent straight lines, and by week 4 she was off everything and mooching around quite comfortably in her field.
I also speak from personal experience. Late that same year I had a bad fall (not horse related!) and fractured my coccyx, then in 2018 I broke two ribs when I was accidentally double-barrelled by Carmen - I say accidentally as I was completely in the wrong place between her and MacAttack, who she was in the process of admonishing at the time for nicking her feedbowl. Wrong place wrong time, and lesson very much learned as it was excruciating.
As if that wasn't enough - well, they say things come in three's - 2019 I slipped on the stairs and dislocated my left foot with a double-fracture on the ankle joint. Wowzer, that was an injury and a half - hospital for 5-days, ORIF surgery with lots of metal (!), leg-cast with crutches and a wheelchair. A year on I was still in a compression sock. Once I was out of the cast I slapped on the JST-Tonic for a good month-plus and it was a godsend.
My recovery from all three accidents was astonishingly quick. As the gel was applied the soothing and cooling relief was instant, the injurious site more supple, and while I can't prove that the gel was the reason for my swift recoveries, the ortho's were fairly impressed. With the ribs I was off all pain relief after 3-days and back to mucking out within a week, albeit a bit gingerly but I was on it. With the ankle I was driving again and hobbling back at the yard within 3-months.
Comfrey and Arnica infused oils, along with soothing and cooling Camphor essential oil, are blended into our organic whole leaf Aloe Vera gel, produced from 100% human-grade organically certified Aloe, capturing the maximum natural activity of the Aloe Bardadensis plant.
- Aloe barbadensis (organic whole leaf Aloe Vera), cold-pressed, aqua.
Main constituents of Aloe Vera : 96% water, lignin, saponins, anthraquines, carbohydrate glucomannans (of particular importance is acemannan), tannins, steroids, enzymes, growth hormones, aloin, glucommannans, salicylic acid, and fatty acids. Aloe Vera also contains twenty amino acids (including all eight essential amino acids), at least nine minerals i.e. calcium, sodium, iron, potassium, zinc, chromium, magnesium, manganese and copper, and a number of vitamins, including B1, B2, B3, B6, B12, A, C, E, folic acid, and choline.
- Arnica montana, Helianthus annuu, organic Arnica Oil - Organic UK-grown Arnica flowers steeped (macerated) in organic Sunflower Oil (origin Holland). Macerated in the UK. Arnica is the oil of choice for bruising, and one of the best known herbal sports oils, highly beneficial for bruises, muscles and tendons/ligaments.
- Cinnamomum camphora (Camphor) essential oil - With its well-known piquant menthol aroma, Camphor is a major soothing and cooling skin ally as it allays pain, inflammation and itching by numbing the sensory nerve endings in the skin. And for the EO nerds out there, the Camphor tree must be at least 50 years old before it is harvested.
- Symphytum officinale (Comfrey) infused oil - Comfrey contains the famous allantoin, which aids the regeneration of all tissues in the body by encouraging fibroblasts to produce connective tissue, cartilage, bone and even neural cells. Comfrey also contains other constituents that improve its healing effect including mucilages, gums and resin which help soothe inflamed skin tissue and aid in tissue repair.
Certified 100% Organic; SLS and Parabens free
- Shake well before use - this will help emulsify the gel further.
- Gently massage 30-50ml into the affected area until absorbed, up to 3 times/day.
- For external use only.
- Therapies of any kind should be applied with caution to the pregnant mare so always seek veterinary advice.
- Do not use on open wounds, broken skin, very sensitive skin or facial area, especially mucous membranes.
* Please note our Topical Therapies are Subject to VAT at standard rate