GutAminos - GI membrane reconnection
To promote a healthy gut membrane mucosa, there are certain nutrients you can feed. Two essential amino acids for this are:
- L Glutamine, a building block for proteins that maintain cellular health and tissue repair. During critical illness, trauma, intestinal disease, starvation, excessive loss of lean body mass, or extreme endurance exercise, glutamine is shown to be beneficial thanks to it's key role in the process of regenerating new, healthy epithelial cells in the GI mucosa lining. L-Glutamine is so important to gut health that low concentrations are linked to gut permeability and inflammation. This makes its supplementation an important part of resolving leaky gut because it’s the preferred food of the cells lining the gut wall so it helps with their growth and repair. These new cells are the key in repairing the intestines and eliminating leaky gut. It also helps maintain the right pH balance. In human health glutamine is reported to typically start to show effects within 30 days, with the gut lining repaired in around 12-weeks. Glutamine also effectively works in synergy with NAC to help promote glutathione.
*NB. We use N-Acetyl L Glutamine because it's the water-soluble form of Glutamine; all digestive enzymes are water-soluble, hence N-Acetyl L Glutamine makes for more efficient digestion and therefore swifter bioavailability (time taken to absorb into the bloodstream).
- N-Acetyl L-Cysteine (NAC), the precursor to glutathione, arguably the most powerful antioxidant in the body, which replenishes glutathione production.
We also include:
- Marshmallow Root, used as a remedy for centuries to treat digestive conditions. It can help in the repair of leaky gut as it actively promotes the growth of intestinal cells with research showing promise in its antioxidant properties and gastroprotective effects for ulcers.
- Gut support
- Permeable intestinal wall membrane
- EGUS/equine ulcerogenic state
- Glutathione production
100% pure N-Acetyl L-Cysteine (NAC), L-Glutamine & Marshmallow Root
- Human Grade
- Amino Acids manufactured to ISO, BP, USP & EP requirements and/or food grade specifications.
- UK certificate of analysis available on request.
- Feed our GutAminos alongside our SIBO-CARE and UlsaTonic blends.
- 3g/100kg bodyweight per day, thus for an average 500kg horse add 15g daily to feed.
26.1.20 - I've had my ulcer prone mare on GutAminos since November and I'm over the moon with results. I thought I was going to have to go down the Omeprazole route again but came across your product while researching natural ways to manage equine ulcers. Carol M.