To promote healing of the gut, the right kind of gut bacteria comes into play, which breaks down fibre in the diet into molecules that are easily used by the gut cells as energy sources. So, we have to make sure we have plenty of fibre and a healthy microbiome in the gut, and then there are certain nutrients you can use to start to heal the gut.
Two essential amino acids for promoting gut repair are:
- N-Acetyl L-Cysteine (NAC), the precursor to glutathione, arguably the most powerful antioxidant in the body, which replenishes glutathione production.
- L-Glutamine, a building block for proteins that maintain cellular health and tissue repair. During critical illness, trauma, intestinal disease, starvation, excessive loss of lean body mass, and extreme endurance exercise, glutamine is shown to be beneficial thanks to it's key role in the process of regenerating new, healthy cells. These new cells are the key in repairing the intestines and eliminating leaky gut. In human health glutamine is reported typically starting to show effect within 30 days, with the gut lining repaired in around 12-weeks. Glutamine also effectively works in synergy with NAC to help promote glutathione.
We've combined a 50/50 blend of both NAC and L-Glutamine to support equine gut repair and ulcerogenic state.
- Gut support
- EGUS/equine ulcerogenic state
- Glutathione production
- 100% pure N-Acetyl L-Cysteine (NAC) & L-Glutamine
- Human Grade
- Manufactured to ISO, BP, USP & EP requirements and/or food grade specifications.
- UK certificate of analysis available on request.
- 2g/100kg bodyweight per day, thus for an average 500kg horse add 10g daily to feed.
26.1.20 - I've had my ulcer prone mare on GutAminos since November and I'm over the moon with results. I thought I was going to have to go down the Omeprazole route again but came across your product while researching natural ways to manage equine ulcers. Carol M.