Our 'Plus' range compensates for nutrient depletion in winter grazing. for horses on restricted grazing, or with hay in the diet.
- with added Rosehips (Vitamin C) & Vitamin E
Horses who are mainly turned out on good grazing get adequate supplementation of the two important Vitamins, E and C. However, if your horse is on a restricted grazing/mainly hay diet, or come late autumn/winter, these two vitamin levels deplete as grass growth slows, especially during the curing/baling/storage process.
Many horses, especially competition performance horses, tend to get limited access to fresh grass - many livery yards are also unable to offer 24/7 turnout, especially during our wet winters. Thus, our 'Plus' range includes a daily 5-gram maintenance measure of organic powdered Rosehips to provide natural Vitamin-C supplementation, and a 2000iu measure of Vitamin-E. Both renowned antioxidants, they help keep the cellular matrix healthy and functioning, and help the lymphocytes keep free radicals at bay. Both these vitamins are also highly beneficial at times of injury and muscle/tissue repair.
* Our EquiVita range is manufactured for us by Premier Nutrition, who are committed to manufacturing safe, compliant feed independently audited by, and certified to, UFAS, FEMAS, BETA NOPS, and ISO 22000, so you can be confident in the product you receive.
Nutritionally supports the body as a whole, and specifically:
- insulin sensitivity
- strong hooves and hoof sole sensitivity
- calcium absorption
- growth and development (bone, teeth, soft tissue)
- skin, hair and coat integrity
- immune system
- healthy muscles and nervous system
- digestion and feed absorption
- natural nutritive vitamin, mineral and antioxidant levels
- 21g/100kg bodyweight daily (one level tablespoon = 15g)
A 105g measure (500Kg Horse) will provide (apx) :
- 12g Magnesium (Magnesium Oxide)
- 10g Brewers Yeast (S.cerevisiae), providing: .6mg Vitamin B1 (Thiamin), .75mg Vitamin B2 (Riboflavin),5mg Vitamin B3 (Niacin), .3mg Vitamin B5 (Pantothenic Acid), .4mg Vitamin B6 (Pyridoxine),30mcg Vitamin B9 (Folate), 0.2mcg Vitamin B12 (Cobalamin)
- 10g L-Lysine
- 5g Phosphorous (Monosodium Phosphate)
- 3g Methionine
- 1200mg Zinc (Bioplex)
- 400mg Copper (Bioplex)
- 30mg Biotin (Vit.B7)
- 1mg Selenium (Organic Yeast)
- 10g Spirulina (China, certified Organic)
- 10g Rosehips (ground) (yielding 200mg Vit.C)
- 2000iu Vitamin E (acetate adsorbate)
* Analysis displays the elemental mineral volumes
- During winter months, we recommend adding at least 100g Linseed (micronised) to support the omega/amino acid levels which are depleted in winter grazing and hay. Linseed provides all 8 essential amino acids and a wealth of nutrients, including the Omegas 3, 6 and 9 Essential Fatty Acids, digestive enzymes, protein, vitamins and minerals, with the added benefit of copper, phosphate, selenium and magnesium sources.
- Supplements of any kind should be fed with caution to the pregnant mare so always seek veterinary advice.