EquiVita - Ideal for all-round maintenance
A multi-mineral, efficient nutritional solution, providing the commonly deficient levels of essential minerals known to be lacking in our UK grazing, as required by the equine body for normal function.
- Formulated to the NRC Guidelines.
- We don't add any Iron into our EquiVita / VitaComplete range. Any iron present is completely natural, predominantly coming from the magnesium oxide and monosodium phosphate, and therefore is in the unabsorbable oxide form. See 'The Role of Iron in the Equine Diet' and 'Iron in the Equine Diet' for further evidence.
Nutritionally supports the body as a whole, and specifically:
- insulin sensitivity
- strong hooves and hoof sole sensitivity
- calcium absorption
- growth and development (bone, teeth, soft tissue)
- skin, hair and coat integrity
- immune system
- healthy muscles and nervous system
- digestion and feed absorption
- natural nutritive vitamin, mineral and antioxidant levels
- 13g/100kg bodyweight daily (one level tablespoon = 15g)
- New to minerals? Try our 1kg Trial Bag to start with, and always start slow, a pinch at a time, slowly building up to your RDA.
A 67g measure (500Kg Horse) will provide (apx) :
- 12g Magnesium (Magnesium Oxide)
- 10g L-Lysine
- 5g Phosphorous (Monosodium Phosphate)
- 3g Methionine
- 1200mg Zinc (Sulphate)
- 400mg Copper ( Sulphate)
- 30mg Biotin (Vit.B7)
- 1mg Selenium (Sodium Selenium)
- 2000iu Vitamin E (all rac-alpha tocopheryl acetate)
* Analysis displays the elemental mineral volumes
- During winter months, we recommend adding micronised Linseed to support the omega/amino acid levels which are depleted in winter grazing and hay. Linseed provides all 8 essential amino acids and a wealth of nutrients, including the Omegas 3, 6 and 9 Essential Fatty Acids, digestive enzymes, protein, vitamins and minerals, with the added benefit of copper, phosphate, selenium and magnesium sources. Feed rates detailed on our Linseed product page.
- Salt always needs to be fed to the horse. As per the NRC (2007), the average 500kg horse has a daily requirement of at least 10g sodium and 40g chloride on a cool day doing no work, and at least double this on a hot day/in hard work/sweating.
- Alternatively, see our VitaComplete range which includes a daily 100g Linseed and 10g Salt.
- This is a nutritional product and is not intended as a substitute for veterinary advice.
- Guaranteed No Fillers, No Stablisers, No Grains, No Molasses, and Non-GM.
- Contains no banned substances so safe for competition.
- 5% discount on 3kg volume, 10% discount on 3kg, 15% on 10kg and *Best Value 20% on 20kg.
Our EquiVita range is manufactured for us by Premier Nutrition, who are committed to manufacturing safe, compliant feed independently audited by, and certified to, UFAS, FEMAS, BETA NOPS, and ISO 22000, so you can be confident in the product you receive.
- 3.4.19 - Hi Carol, You always provide excellent service and your products are I believe the best around. Maddie my rising 5 IDSH had been having EquiVita since September last year just after I bought her and she has come through the winter in excellent health and condition, nice and lean coming into the spring, though she isn't doing much work as yet due to her age. Maddie is barefoot and your products have played a role in her having excellent horn quality.
Best regards, Mandy
- 20.7.18 - Hi Carol. Just wanted to give you an update on my mare since you kindly 're-planned' her diet! Since been on the Equivita balancer just 10weeks, her feet are rock hard, maintained the shape & strength even with this persistant dry spell were having. She can walk on any surface including stony tracks, & is self trimming too.
Thank you so much for your advice.
Clare & stardust