BioGel 250ml (formerly our DermaClearGel)
Our BioGel provides a skin-nourishing and soothing antimicrobial therapy for chronic dermatitis issues such as mud fever, rain scald and cracked heels
With organic essential oils known for their anti-inflammatory, antimicrobial and wound healing properties, we blend these into our organic whole leaf Aloe Vera kelp-fortified gel, produced from 100% human-grade organically certified Aloe, capturing the maximum natural activity of the Aloe Bardadensis plant, and fortified with softening, hydrating vitamin and mineral-rich sea kelp.
- Aloe barbadensis (organic whole leaf Aloe Vera), cold-pressed, aqua.
Main constituents of Aloe Vera : 96% water, lignin, saponins, anthraquines, carbohydrate glucomannans (of particular importance is acemannan), tannins, steroids, enzymes, growth hormones, aloin, glucommannans, salicylic acid, and fatty acids. Aloe Vera also contains twenty amino acids (including all eight essential amino acids), at least nine minerals i.e. calcium, sodium, iron, potassium, zinc, chromium, magnesium, manganese and copper, and a number of vitamins, including B1, B2, B3, B6, B12, A, C, E, folic acid, and choline.
- Vitamin E Natural (100%), antioxididant (preservative), comprising of alpha, beta, gamma and delta tocopherols sourced from organic cereal germ. Combined with organic Sunflower Seed Oil to make it pourable. It is completely non GMO.
Composition: Tocopherol 50-75%, Helianthus Annuus Seed Oil 25-50% (organic).
- Boswellia carterii (Frankincense) essential oil - A potent anti-inflammatory with analgesic, antiseptic, disinfectant and astringent properties. Works extremely well alongside Myrrh.
- Commiphora myrrha (Myrrh) essential oil - Effective antimicrobial, antifungal and antiviral, and very useful for chapped and cracked skin, helping to stop irritation associated with weeping skin, and an excellent stimulant for a healthy, healing blood supply to the affected area.
- Pogostemon cablin (Patchouli) essential oil - Works well on fungal infections, soothes cracked skin and very calming to dermatitis. It soothes inflammation, and with its antiseptic properties, protects wounds from developing infections and becoming septic.
- Cinnamomum camphora (Camphor) essential oil - With its well-known piquant menthol aroma, Camphor is a major soothing and cooling skin ally as it allays pain, inflammation and itching by numbing the sensory nerve endings in the skin. Add in its antifungal, antibacterial and hair promoting properties, Camphor is invaluable for rain scald and mud fever. And for the EO nerds out there, the Camphor tree must be at least 50 years old before it is harvested.
- Achillea millefolium (Yarrow) essential oil - Traditionally used to treat wounds, Yarrow Essential Oil has become universally recognised for its antiseptic, anti-inflammatory and astringent properties in the healing of sores, as it stimulates skin-cell granulation through the combined action of its volatile oil, alkaloids and tannins. It has also become recognised as an excellent agent to treat allergies (a zoopharmacology friend of mine is currently trialling it for hay-fever), itchiness and eczema-type sores and rashes. It also just happens to be my favourite herb of all time ;-)
Certified 100% Organic; SLS and Parabens free
- Shake well before use - this will help emulsify the gel further.
- Clean the area as well as possible then apply a small gloop, rubbing in until absorbed, 3-times/day.
- For external use only.
- Therapies of any kind should be applied with caution to the pregnant mare so always seek veterinary advice.
- Do not use on facial area, especially mucous membranes.
* Please note our Topical Therapies are Subject to VAT at standard rate