Terms & Conditions
Our Eco Packaging Pledge
Since 2016 we've adopted a No-Plastic Policy, and all the more so when, as at June 2018, reports showed that the garbage trail in the Pacific Ocean was 3-times the size of France, and microplastics considered “one of the greatest manmade disasters of our time”, according to the Natural History Museum. In an ideal world no plastics at all would be better than any plastics, but it's not so much the plastic itself - it's how we recycle it.
This prompted us to seriously look at the packaging options out there. Like many other equine supplement companies we originally started with plastic tubs back in 2007, but when I learned that their landfill shelf-life is 400-years (I kid you not), my conscience seriously got the better of me. We switched to natural, compostable Kraft paper bags and sacks, and continued researching.
NB - As it happens, paper bags have a higher carbon footprint than plastic, are hard to reuse and if they go into landfill (rather than recycling) they create methane, a potent greenhouse gas. But - they don’t linger for centuries in the environment as a danger to wildlife.
There's also the fact that suitable packaging for the organic industry has various requirements; for starters it needs to have a low environmental impact. Reducing our impact on the environment is really important to us, which in turn also helps our customers reduce theirs. Second, it has to be made from as little fossil fuels, preferable none; and crucially be completely free of GMO’s.
We also need to protect the integrity of our product, so poly-liners are a necessity for some of our products. I’d love not to use liners but we also have to consider the courier factor; whether a parcel is labelled Fragile or not, they're heavily-handled during the delivery process with a risk of damaged goods on arrival; we've also had parcels left on doorsteps - even under hedges! - in howling gales and torrential storms, despite me saying on every courier label 'Leave safe and dry if out', so we've no choice - we have to compromise to a degree for protection purposes if nothing else.
Please note this is a constant begrudge on my part but rest assured we use the thinnest poly-liners we can get away with for protection only. That said, this also means they may not be strong enough to carry the full weight of the product so please take care if you're removing them from the outer kraft bag.
We've now added landfill-compostable plant-based bioplastics to our packaging range, sourced from recycled pulp, a natural biomaterial coming from sustainable sources - an ideal solution for us for our smaller volumes. To date they don’t come in big sizes yet, so our heavier product range, i.e. our EquiVita mineral balancers, are either still protected in a poly liner before being wrapped into our Kraft bags/sacks, or again very grudgingly, aluminium pouches for the heavier volumes. However, our 1kg EquiVita Trial Bags fit perfectly into the compostable bioplastic bags along with much of our other product range.
Pulling all this together, this means:
What we don't do:
- Plastic tubs - 400-years to biodegrade. Seriously.
- Plastic scoops - we've all got hundreds lying around the feedroom already, or there're spoons, mugs, jugs, plus Argos sell a cheapo kitchen scale(s) for just £8.00.
- Cable ties. We have David Attenborough to thank for this, when I watched one of his documentaries showing a turtle with a half-done-up cable tie stuck on its fin.
- Bubble wrap, unless it's been sent to us by a supplier so we may occasionally recycle it onwards in our own packaging.
What we do:
- Where possible, and usually volume dependent, our product range is packaged in natural, compostable Kraft paper bags and sacks, or, depending on size, tin-tie landfill-compostable plant-based bioplastic pouches which you can chuck on the muckheap or into your weekly recycling.
- We use paper tape on our parcel boxes so you don’t have to rip off plastic tape to recycle them.
- Our gels are mixed in glass jars.
- We recycle every scrap of packaging from our bulk produce suppliers straight back out to our clients, or if we can’t, it's recycled.
- If we run out of recycled fillers for your delivery parcel, we use Ecoflow biodegradeable loose fill.
We're always continuing to look at home compostable packaging, but as we speak the industry is still very new. Watch this space …
We offer either PayPal or debit/credit card payment via SagePay. You can also use PayPal as a 'guest' with a debit/credit card.
UK Courier Delivery
For UK mainland orders we use DPD 24 Hour Express, and ship on the day we blend your order. If you've got a preferred safe, covered place for your parcel to be left, let us know in the Comments box during the Checkout process, and we'll advise DPD accordingly. Occasionally, delays may occur which are beyond our control - we're pleased to say these are rare, but they can happen. Please let us know if your item has not been received within 5 working days and we will do our best to investigate for you.
Currently? Post Brexit it's a struggle for some destinations. ROI, France and Scandinavian countries are all okay. Anywhere else is tricky, taking a while to get there and with much red-tape to get through. There are also imposed customs taxes so beware! Hence, we're not showing International Delivery on the website at the moment, so if you need it, contact us and we'll investigate and quote you separately.
We never hide or build delivery charges into the cost of our products, nor do we make any profit from delivery charges - in fact, we subsidise our UK mainland shipping cost to you. Overseas delivery charges are always charged at cost to us, again with no profit.
Return, Refund or Replace Policy
If your order is damaged on arrival, please let us know immediately, with photographic evidence, so we can arrange return of the item and either refund or replace.
Please note, poly-liners are a necessity as protection for some of our products. but they're not designed to carry the full weight of the product so please take care if you're removing them from the outer kraft bag. Further info on our Payment & Shipping page.
You have the right to cancel your order within 14 days (the cancellation period will expire after 14 days from the day after you receive the goods).
- If you wish to cancel your order please advise us by email within the 14-day cancellation period. We will acknowledge your wish to cancel your order by return.
- Orders cancelled outside the 14-day cancellation period are at the discretion of EquiNatural.
- Your order must be returned to us within 14-days after advising us of your wish to cancel. Unless you are returning the goods to us because they are faulty or damaged, the costs of returning the goods are your responsibility. If you are not able to return the goods, please let us know and we will arrange for our courier to collect from you. Please ensure that your order is re-boxed and ready for shipment.
- Once the goods are received by us, we will refund your order costs in full (excluding the return costs, unless you are returning the goods to us because they are faulty or damaged), within 14-days of receipt by us. We may make a deduction from your reimbursement due to loss of value of the goods, if they have been damaged or unnecessarily handled beyond what is considered reasonable.
If you have a complaint, please advise us in writing by email.
What information we’ll need
- A clear, detailed description of what the complaint is about,
- Copies of any correspondence related to the complaint.
We aim to respond to complaints within 2 working days. If we can’t reply within this time, we will let you know and advise when you can expect a reply.
When a complaint has been received, we will:
- Acknowledge receipt of your complaint immediately,
- Fully investigate the complaint and respond within 2 working days.
All complaints will be kept on file.
To date, since our very first order back in 2007, we've not yet had to recall any of our stock. However, in the event that this should happen and we're advised by our suppliers that a food safety issue has arisen, we will aim to facilitate an efficient, rapid identification and removal of unsafe ingredients from our stock and inform our customers immediately.
- If the decision is taken to initiate a Recall we will notify all customers by email who have received our products containing the recalled ingredients.
- We will ask all customers to either destroy the product or advise that we will arrange for our couriers to collect from them.
- If affected stock is returned to us, we will follow the supplier’s instructions as to either store/return or destroy the product.
- Replacement or a refund will be effected immediately to the customer.
All information and products offered on our website are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. Herbs are a natural therapeutic functioning food and are not veterinary medicines. The information on this site is based on the traditional and historic use of herbs as well as personal experience and is provided for general reference and educational purposes only. It is not intended to diagnose, prescribe or promote any direct or implied health claims, nor is it intended to replace professional veterinary and/or medical advice. We present the products on this site and the information supplied here without guarantees, and we disclaim all liability in connection with the use of these products and/or information.
Terms & Conditions
EquiNatural (defined as "we/our/us") sell products and provide related information through http://www.equinatural.co.uk (defined as "the Site"). As a user of the Site (defined as "you/your") you acknowledge that your use of the Site and/or any transactions you make are subject to our Terms & Conditions. We reserve the right to change and amend these Terms & Conditions. Any changes we make will be deemed to have come into effect on the date that they have been posted on the Site.
You are responsible for reading the Terms & Conditions. When you place an order with us you will be deemed to have read, understood and accepted these Terms & Conditions. These Terms & Conditions and the use of our web site shall be governed by the laws and regulations of United Kingdom. If any part of these conditions is invalid, illegal or unenforceable (including any provision in which we exclude our liability to you) the validity, legality or enforceability of any other part of these conditions will not be affected.
The price payable for the products you order is that set out on our web site at the time you place your order. The prices of the products that we display on our web site are subject to change without notice. All prices, where appropriate, are inclusive of any sales taxes, unless otherwise stated.
When you make an order on the Site your order will be subject to acceptance in accordance with this Terms & Conditions. We will send you an automated email confirming receipt of your order, unless you have provided an invalid email address or there is error in our server. Please note that the confirmation email is not a contract confirmation or order acceptance from us. A contract between you and us for the sale of our products will only exist once your order has been processed and dispatched.
We take payment online in a secure environment, currently using third party payment service provider(s) to process all online transactions.
We will deliver products in accordance with your order. We make every effort to deliver the products within the expected timetable, however delays are sometimes inevitable due to unforeseen circumstances. We shall have no liability to you for any failure or delay in supply or delivery or for any damage or defect to products supplied or delivered hereunder that is caused by any event or circumstance beyond our reasonable control (including, without limitation, strikes and other industrial disputes).
If you have notified us of a problem with the products, we will either replace or repair any products that are damaged or defective upon delivery. We will not be liable to you for any loss of profits, administrative inconvenience, disappointment, indirect or consequential loss or damage arising out of any problem in relation to the products. In any cases, we shall have no liability to pay any money to you by way of compensation other than any refund we may make under these conditions.
This does not affect your statutory rights as a consumer, nor is it intended to exclude our liability to you for fraudulent misrepresentation or for death or personal injury resulting from our negligence.
Intellectual Property, Design & Reproduction
You acknowledge and agree that all copyright, trademarks and intellectual property rights in all materials (including pictures, designs, logos, photographs, text written and other materials) and the contents of these pages and in respect of any products that you purchase shall remain at all times in our ownership or in our licensors. You acknowledge and agree that the material and content contained on the Site is available for your non-commercial use with the sole purpose of assisting you to gain information in order to place an order with us. You further agree that the modification, distribution reproduction or incorporation into any other work of part or all of the material available on the Site in any form is strictly prohibited.