Our Packaging Pledge, Delivery & Payment
Our Eco-Friendly Packaging Pledge
Since 2016 we've adopted a strict No-Plastic and Aluminium-Free policy, and all the more so when, as at June 2018, reports showed that the garbage trail in the Pacific Ocean was 3-times the size of France.
This prompted us to seriously look at the packaging options out there. Like many other equine supplement companies we originally started with plastic tubs back in 2007, but when I learned that their landfill shelf-life is 400-years (I kid you not), my conscience seriously got the better of me. We switched to natural, compostable Kraft paper bags and sacks, and continued researching.
Aluminium pouches then became the new trend and hit the shelves, but while they look super-sexy and super-practical, aluminium is a highly toxic heavy metal which leaches into the product content, as well as the pouches being neither recyclable nor biodegradeable, sadly only fit for the landfill.
There's also the fact that suitable packaging for the organic industry has various requirements; for starters it needs to have a low environmental impact. Reducing our impact on the environment is really important to us, which in turn also helps our customers reduce theirs. Second, it has to be made from as little fossil fuels, preferable none; and crucially be completely free of GMO’s.
In an ideal world no plastics at all would be better than any plastics; however, we also need to protect the integrity of our stock, so poly-liners are a necessity for some of our products. I’d love not to use liners but we also have to consider the courier factor; whether a parcel is labelled Fragile or not, they're heavily-handled during the delivery process with a risk of damaged goods on arrival; we've also had parcels left on doorsteps, even under hedges, in howling gales and torrential storms, so this means we have to compromise to a degree for protection purposes if nothing else. Important - please note we use the thinnest poly-liners we can get away with for protection only, but they're not designed to carry the full weight of the product so please take care if you're removing them from the outer kraft bag.
We've now added landfill-compostable plant-based bioplastics, sourced from recycled pulp, a natural biomaterial coming from sustainable sources, which for now are an ideal solution for us for our smaller volumes. To date they don’t come in big sizes yet, so our heavier volumes, such as our EquiVita mineral balancers, are still protected in a poly liner before being wrapped into our Kraft bags and sacks. However, our 1kg EquiVita Trial Bags now go into the compostable bioplastic bags along with much of our other product range. We're always looking at home compostable packaging, but as we speak the industry is still very new. Watch this space …
Pulling all this together, this means:
What we don't do:
- Plastic tubs.
- Plastic scoops - we've all got hundreds lying around the feedroom already, or there're spoons, mugs, jugs, plus Argos sell a cheapo kitchen scale(s) for just £8.00.
- Cable ties.
- Aluminium pouches.
- Bubble wrap, unless it's been sent to us by a supplier so we'll recycle it onwards in our own packaging.
What we do do:
- Our entire product range, are packaged in natural, compostable, Kraft paper bags and sacks, or, depending on size, tin-tie landfill-compostable plant-based bioplastic pouches which you can chuck on the muckheap or into your weekly recycling.
- We use paper tape on our parcel boxes so you don’t have to rip off plastic tape to recycle them.
- We recycle every scrap of packaging from our bulk produce suppliers straight back out to our clients, or if we can’t, it's recycled weekly.
- If we run out of recycled fillers for your parcel box, we use Ecoflow biodegradeable loose fill.
We offer either PayPal or debit/credit card payment via SagePay. You can also use PayPal as a 'guest' with a debit/credit card.
- UK Courier Delivery For UK mainland orders we use DPD 24 Hour Express, and ship on the day we blend your order. If you've got a preferred safe, covered place for your parcel to be left, let us know in the Comments box during the Checkout process, and we'll advise DPD accordingly. Occasionally, delays may occur which are beyond our control - we're pleased to say these are rare, but they can happen. Please let us know if your item has not been received within 5 working days and we will do our best to investigate for you.
- International Delivery Currently, while we wait to hear of imposed customs taxes etc due to Brexit, we're not able to offer International Delivery.
- Delivery Charges - We never hide or build delivery charges into the cost of our products, nor do we make any profit from delivery charges - in fact, we subsidise our UK mainland shipping cost to you. Overseas delivery charges are always charged at cost to us, again with no profit.