Here's a mind-boggling statistic - 50 years ago, carrots had 75% more magnesium than today.
Just one example of how our soil nutrient levels have changed over the years, and why we need a solution to help provide our horses with an effective nutritional foundation.
Now here's a thought - imagine randomly removing 50% of the nuts and bolts from your car, then try to drive it. How far do you think you’d get? Some might just about rattle and roll, but imagine the stress on your car engine. Chances are, you wouldn’t risk even putting the key in the ignition.
In human world, if we’re eating the standard western C.R.A.P. diet (Carbs, Refined, Artificial, Processed), health nuts report that our own machinery is missing a staggering 80% of our essential nuts and bolts. Just as our car won’t function properly, neither will our body, which is why such a high percentage of the western human race is so sick.
Put simply, we need all of the essential components for the body to work properly. And not unsurprisingly, it's the same for our horses.
FACT Our UK grasslands are deficient in many of the essential minerals, and way too high in others.
FACT Changes in the chemistry of grass cause changes in the chemistry of the horse, with many chronic health conditions being due to unbalanced micronutrients.
FACT Most alleged behavioural issues will resolve by feeding minerals balanced to our known UK forage deficiencies.
Introducing our EquiVita
- A carefully balanced multi-mineral nutritional solution specific to our UK grasslands.
- Balanced to the NRC guidelines based on known UK forage deficiencies, which means it provides the correct ratios of the deficient minerals and micronutrients to balance the equine dietary requirements.
- No fillers whatsoever, just the composition your horse needs to nutritionally balance the diet.
- Includes as standard: * Lysine * Magnesium * Phosphorous * Bioplex Copper & Zinc * Brewers Yeast * Biotin * Methionine * Organic Selenium *
- Our standard EquiVita range, ideal for all-round maintenance.
- EquiVitaA range includes Spirulina Algae for added potent nutrients.
- EquiVitaT range includes Turmeric for joint and inflammatory support.
- EquiVitaM range excludes Biotin, suitable for the Mallenders/Sallenders horse.
- EquiVitaY youngstock range with added calcium, plus increased magnesium and phosphorous.
Tailored to include winter/hay support, probiotics and/or detoxing
- Plus - winter deficiencies, or if there's hay in the diet
- ProB - with Yea-Sacc 1026 probiotic
- DTox - With MycosorbA+ mycotoxin binder/fungal moulds
- DToxProB - With both Yea-Sacc & MycosorbA+
- Ultra - includes Plus, ProB & DTox options
- MAX - our Ultra with Spirulina and Turmeric
Plus ... Great Savings
- 5% on 3kg - 10% on 5kg - 15% on 10kg - 20% on 20kg
- Free UK Delivery on orders 10kg or £80.00 and over.
Looking for a Custom-Made Mineral Solution?
If you have your own Diet Plan from an accredited analysis, we may be able to blend it for you. Contact us for details.
Finally, the Importance of Adding Salt
It's essential to feed salt in the diet for so many important reasons. Apart from keeping body fluids in balance and providing essential natural electrolytes which play a key role in normal nerve/muscle function and blood sodium levels, sodium is also needed to balance potassium levels, both in grass and in the body, especially in hot weather.
Sodium and chloride (salt) are the major electrolytes lost in sweat, followed by potassium, so we need to feed around 20-25g salt daily to cover a baseline requirement. If you prefer to feed electrolytes, make sure this amount of salt is included in the composition.
Salt also encourages drinking water; obviously for summer hydration, and for winter too - horses drink far less water in winter so we need to help encourage them to do so.
However, as the biochemist team at Alltech told us, the problem with blending salt into a mineral/vitamin mix is that sodium denatures much of the composition, so a mineral mix with salt included loses its essential structure, which also shortens the shelf-life. We therefore don't include salt in our EquiVita range.
So, you need to add your own. Add a generous heaped tablespoon of salt into the feedbowl, double if in hard work or sweating. We do a range of certified unrefined sea salts, certified by the Soil Association, as well as Himalayan rock salts, available in bulk at great rates, in our Individual Items page in the Online Shop.
For our full EquiVita range, including our BSA Client range, see our ONLINE SHOP